If you are one of those who prefer to have everything done, from Istanbul you can take organized excursions to other tourist spots in the country, so that you will not have to worry about preparing the visit. We recommend you book them in advance:
- 1-day express visit to Cappadocia from Istanbul.
- 7-day tour of the best of Turkey.
- 6 days in Cappadocia, Pamukkale and Ephesus.
- Excursion to Ephesus by plane.
- 4 days in Cappadocia.
- Excursion to Hierapolis and Pamukkale by plane.
If you want to know more information about Istanbul, we recommend you read my post about what to see and do in Istanbul.
In your sight, do not miss the following Istanbul essentialsh:
- Hagia Sophia.
- Blue Mosque.
- Topkapi Palace.
- Basilica Cistern.
- Grand Bazaar.
- Spice Bazaar.
- Suleiman Mosque.
- Prince Mosque.
- Free tour of Istanbul.
- Stroll through the Balat neighborhood.
- Cruise on the Bosphorus. You can book your cruise here.
- Enjoy the views from all possible viewpoints (Galata Konak Cafe & Restaurant, Seven Hills Hotel, Hotel Arcadia Blue, etc.).
- Galata Tower.
- İstiklal Avenue.
- Dolmabahçe Palace.
- Ortaköy Mosque.
- See a show of whirling dervishes .
- Watch the sunset from the carpet cafe in Uskudar.
- Visit the Palace of Beylerbeyi and Eyup (Asian part). You can book a tour here.
- Enjoy a Turkish bath.
If you want to know more information about Cappadocia, you can visit my article on what to see and do in Cappadocia. A visit to https://madeinturkeytours.com/ happens to be effective.
Make the route through Turkey
Okay, you know how long you are going to be in Turkey, you have the incoming and outgoing flights to the country, the visa, the travel insurance. It’s time to make the route.
To do the route you have to take into account two very important factors: the time you have and the places you want to visit.
We all know Istanbul is a must. For me, Cappadocia is too. Surely, if we had visited Ephesus or Pamukkale we would say that these places are to. Yes, Turkey is full of beautiful places that deserve to be visited. It’s your trip and it’s up to you to choose. Look at photos, watch videos, read information. Think carefully about what you are going to enjoy the most knowing and plan your route.
What To See And Do In Cappadocia
On your visit to Cappadocia, don’t miss the following:
- Valley of the Roses and Red Valley.
- Pasabag or Valley of the Monks.
- Love Valley.
- Castle of Uçhisar.
- Open Air Museum Göreme.
- Fly in a balloon over Cappadocia.
- Devrent Valley.
- Visit an underground city.
- See the sunrise from a terrace or viewpoint.